What is mercy?
- St Augustine and St Thomas Aquinas define it as God’s greatest attribute
- God doesn’t give up on us
- God’s mercy CREATES, REDEEMS, and SANCTIFIES
- Grace is when we get what we don’t deserve. Mercy is when we don’t get what we do deserve.
Who is St Faustina?
- Sister Faustina, Helen at first, — from very poor family
- On February 22, 1931, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ appeared to this simple nun
- Paint this, with inscription JESUS I TRUST IN YOU
- Pope JP2: This is my “SPECIAL TASK”
The Message – ABC
- Ask for His Mercy
- Just about everyone I’ve met is plagued with some combination of fears, doubts, concerns, problems, losses, failures, anxieties, misunderstandings, disputes, distractions. Doubts – like THOMAS
- We need his MERCY!!!
- Confession, chaplet
- Be Merciful
- in thought, word, deed
- Complete trust in his mercy
- I fly to Your Mercy, Compassionate God, Who alone are good. Although my misery is great and my offenses are many, I trust in Your Mercy because You are the God of Mercy, and it has never been heard of in all ages, nor do Heaven or Earth remember, that a soul trusting in Your Mercy has been disappointed. (State your intentions) Jesus, Friend of a lonely heart, You are my haven. You are my peace. You are my salvation. You are my serenity in moments of struggle and amidst an ocean of doubts. Amen. St. Faustina pray for us.
- This is my prayer: The establishment of perpetual adoration
- Enveloped by mercy: 3pm prayer – “You expired Jesus but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty yourself out upon us” 1319