Today the Church celebrates the feast day of St. Josemaria Escriva de Balaguer, founder of Opus Dei. He has written several books. The only one I’ve read is Christ Passing by, and I highlighted about every line. I thought I might share a few of his wonderful words here.
- “Have confidence. Return. Invoke Our Lady and you’ll be faithful.”
- “You don’t know how to pray? Put yourself in God’s presence and as soon as you’ve said, ‘Lord, I don’t know how to pray,’ you can be sure that you’ve already begun.”
- “To be happy, what you need is not an easy life but a heart that is in love.”
- “Get rid of that ‘small-town’ outlook. Enlarge your heart till it becomes universal, ‘Catholic.’ Don’t flutter about like a hen when you can soar to the heights of an eagle.”
- “He did not say you would not be troubled, you would not be tempted, you would not be distressed. But he did say you would not be overcome.”
- “I am asked for very little compared to how much I am being given.”